Here are the milestones that we want to achieve before our game Living Medieval on mobile goes to production :
- PVP : A first version of PVP will be developed, that will consist of One on One battles with online players. Post production this will be extended to 2vs2, 3vs3 and 4vs4 battles.
- Quests : An initial version of questing will be implemented as Daily Quests that will offer players of all level rewards for their efforts.
- Shop & Videos : As the game is free to play, we need a way to pay for the server hosting. As such, microtransactions and videos will be implemented to offer deals on items and potions to our users. Videos will be made available to regain some vital stats faster.
- Player’s Interaction : Social Chat will be implemented to allow players to communicate with each others. A screen showing another player’s panel will also be implemented. Options for Trading with other players will be added.
- Encounter Rework : Enemy generation will be reworked to better align with the player’s progression in levels. A screen to show each monster’s stats will also be available to allow players to decide if they are ready to fight them or not.
- Positions in battles : Currently, players and enemies are generated at random positions in battle. Unfortunately, this cause some enemies to be very far away and some very close, completely at random. Positions will be reworked to be more central to the battlefield with additional entities spawned further and further away.
- Animations and special effects : Special effects will be added to animations, which is currently not the case.
- Sound & Music : Music will be added when on the map and during battles. Sounds will also be added.
- Optimization : As with any games, a final pass of optimization will have to be done to make sure the game is ready for production. This may involve a larger group of testers as we will need to test the server performances.