Much has changed since our last post on the Road to Production for our game Living Medieval. Some priorities have been reworked and many new features have been added, and as such we believe it is time to update our roadmap!
Before we launch the game in Production, here’s what we believe remains to be added or improved :
- PVP : An initial version of PVP still has to be implemented. Development has started but we still have much work to do to make it work the way we want.
- Shop & Videos : As the game is free to play, we need a way to pay for the server hosting. As such, microtransactions and videos will be implemented to offer deals on items and potions to our users. Videos will be made available to regain some vital stats faster.
- Social : At the very least, we need a chat option for players to communicate and coordinate. It will likely contain a general chat and a party chat option to start with, but other options will be made available post-production (including a trade and alliance/guild chat).
- Positions in battle : We still don’t like our positioning in battle, and as such that will have to be changed. This is mostly due to using the mobile in a portrait mode, which makes the screen width very small and thus makes it hard to fit all enemies on the screen at once.
- Character Creation : We decided to rework the character creation process to fix a few issues with female character creations, and to add more customization options in the form of starting abilities and skills.
- Animations and special effects : Although a first version of special effects was added to some spellcasting animations, it is far from complete. Animations with their spell effects have to be reworked for the models to better fit with the speed of the actions.
- Sound & Music : Music will be added when on the map and during battles. Sounds will also be added.
- Optimization : As with any games, a final pass of optimization will have to be done to make sure the game is ready for production. This may involve a larger group of testers as we will need to test the server performances.